Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Time to Suit Up

Who thought the day would ever come? Definitely not me.

I start my first big girl job tomorrow. . .crazy! I'm excited, scared, nervous, ecstatic, just everything all wrapped into one. I've been job searching since literally December and freaking out. I've been crying, yelling, crying, screaming, and then crying some more about this whole job search process. My boyfriend is more than relieved I finally found something. The random outbursts of tears has gotten to be a bit much for him.

I am extremely ecstatic about this job! It's relevant to my degree and what I want to do. Who would've thunk it? I'll be writing press releases, managing social media, assisting in design layouts, answering phones, and other office odds and ends. I'm beyond excited to work for Herb Gillen. It's an advertising, public relations, and marketing company in Upper Arlington. The office is gorgeous! I'll be working as an assistant account executive. I still can't believe it!

My life is actually starting to come together. Next week starts apartment searching, and I don't mean those weak university-adjacent apartments. We are getting real up in this living space. I'm so excited to finally be a real person. Well, minus sitting in rush hour traffic. I could do without that. 

It was really weird that today was my last day of kiddie fun. No more Hobby Lobby shopping on Thursday afternoons. It's time to suit up. Speaking of work clothes, already picked the outfit for tomorrow. Yep, total geek. But I feel your first day apparel says a lot about a person. You have to teeter on the line of being cute and professional, but not trying to hard. Hopefully this outfit is a winner.

Well, I probably should hit the tick since I have to get up earlier than I've had to in a long while. Wish me luck : )

No comments:

Post a Comment