Monday, June 13, 2011

The End of an Era

Well it's the day after college graduation and I'm still a hot mess. Still no job. No plan. No roommate. I hate this. I'm a blubbering mess all of the time. I cannot believe it is all over.

Yesterday it really hit me like a ton of bricks. Up until graduation I had something to look forward to. Now I have nothing tangible to really hold on to. I get up in the morning and have no real plans. Will today be the day I get the phone call about that job? The uncertainty is killing me.

If you know me, you know I'm a planner.This year has probably been the hardest of my life so far. Hopefully it will get better soon. I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life. I've been applying for everything in sight, so hopefully something will turn up soon. 

It's really hard to stay motivated and positive when I keep getting doors slammed in my face or no chance at all. The only thing that is keeping me going is the love of my friends and family and the words of Chris Jansing, our commencement speaker.

What do you do when your life surpasses your dreams? You make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment